måndag 4 februari 2013

RAW chocolate!

An obvious choice for anyone who wants to improve their acne and health generally is to cut off sugars and sweets from their diets. Sugar gets digested quickly, gives us an energy kick but it also raises your insulin level when broken down. Increased levels of insulin makes the androgen level raise as well, and we don't want that for our acne! But what to do with the tremendous cravings..?
I had it hard to pass by chocolate section in the store lately so I decided that something must be done to quench my craving for sweets. I went on http://www.rawfoodshop.se/ a great online store for raw and low carb foods where I bought these gorgeous raw chocolates - Ombar probiotic green tea and lemon + Ombar acai and blueberry with coconut blossom sugar as a sweetener and The Raw Chocolate Co orange and mint with xylitol instead of sugar. They were delicious and... it's nice to not feel guilty after eating them... ^^
The name xylitol didn't so healthy to me at first, but it's actually found in fibers of certain fruits and vegetables, but for commercial purposes it's usually extracted from the bark of birch trees (oh I remember the sweet taste of fresh birch sap! My granny still gathers it in early spring). Xylitol doesn't have an impact on your blood sugars which makes it a great replacement for anyone even those who suffer from diabetes.

My favorite out of those four was The Raw Chocolate Co orange, it just melts in your mouth! :)

Be active,
Healthy and
Shine!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar